Applications now open: Education Officer
12 month role, 3 days per week. Download the Position Description.
The role of Education Officer, reporting to the Operations Manager, is focused on supporting and implementing the Narragunnawali project and supporting Reconciliation Victoria’s broader role related to reconciliation in Victorian schools and early years centres.
SPECIFICALLY, THIS ROLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Ensuring a coordinated approach and sector wide commitment to reconciliation in education across Victoria
- Delivering regular metro and regional presentations about reconciliation in education
- Promoting the Narragunnawali Reconciliation in Education Program, to allow educators to foster pride in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and contributions
- Maintaining strong relationships with peak Victorian education bodies
- Contributing to reporting, funding programs, various forums and the HART Awards program
THE POSITION REQUIRES SOMEONE WITH:
- A strong understanding of the schools and/or early years sector in Victoria (at least 3 years experience)
- A sound understanding of the historical and contemporary matters concerning Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples of and in Victoria
- Experience in reconciliation or other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-related projects or curriculum is desired
You will also work well in a small team and demonstrate flexibility in order to achieve organisational outcomes. You will have high level of written communication, group facilitation and interpersonal skills. You will also excel with managing multiple projects and competing priorities, as well as nurturing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
As part of Reconciliation Victoria, you will benefit from being part of a dynamic and committed team, in a flexible and safe work environment. You will also get satisfaction from being able to effect change across a broad mandate.
If you are keen to make a real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply now. Application close Friday 16 April. Position Description available here.